FAQ About Our Professional Science Master's

Graduate Program

Frequently Asked Questions : Graduate Online

What is your refund policy?
Refund Schedule 
Prior to the first day of class100%
1-4 calendar days75%
5-8 calendar days50%
9-12 calendar days25%
13 or more calendar days0%
Do you offer financial aid?


Financial aid for online graduate students
Financial aid for Distance Education matriculated graduate students is available for enrollment of halftime or greater (3 or more credits per 8 week term). May apply for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. The maximum annual unsubsidized loan is $20,500 with a fixed interest rate of 5.84%. There is also an origination fee of 1.068% that is deducted at the time of Loan disbursement.

If unsubsidized loan amount exhausted Federal Graduate PLUS Loan may be available.

Private loans may be an option if no other sources of financial aid are available. Unity College is not permitted to provide counsel on which private loans to choose. For help on this matter, please go to: https://choice.fastproducts.org/FastChoice/home/308400/1

Contact the financial aid office for more information.

Do you offer a payment plan?

We do not currently offer a payment plan for summer courses at this time. Please contact Jeri Roberts, Director of Student Accounts, at 207-509-7261.

What are the technical requirements for taking an online class?

We strongly recommend a laptop computer with the following minimum specifications:

Windows / PC:

  • Windows 8
  • Intel Core i5 or Core i7 CPU (2+ GHz)
  • 4GB RAM or more
  • 128GB or larger hard drive
  • Wireless network ready
  • Four-year, next-business-day warranty that includes accident coverage (for theft insurance, review your homeowners insurance policy coverage.)
  • Suitable carrying case

Apple / Mac:

  • MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
  • Intel Core i5 or Core i7 CPU (2+ GHz)
  • 4GB RAM or more
  • 128GB or larger hard drive
  • Wireless network ready
  • Apple Care extended warranty (for theft insurance, review your homeowners insurance policy coverage.)
  • Suitable carrying case
Are books included in the cost of the course?

No. Books and lab materials must be purchased separately, but can be ordered online and delivered directly to you. Contact your course instructor about the materials you will need to purchase before the first day of class.

Textbooks and materials can be purchased at the online bookstore.



Can I take an online course without enrolling in the graduate program?

Yes, if you are a non-degree seeking student. To enroll in a course:

1. Complete the Online Admissions Application. No High School or College/University transcripts are required for admissions as a non-degree seeking student.

2. Once the application and payment has been received, the registrar’s Unity College Online office will notify you on how to enroll in courses and complete payment.

Please note: Non-degree seeking students are limited to six credit hours enrolled per semester, and are ineligible to receive financial assistance. Non-degree seeking students are limited to a total accumulation of 24 credit hours from Unity College. Once this limit is reached, regular application for admission to the College is required. To change to degree-seeking status, students must work with the Graduate Online Concierge to complete the application for Admission, including submission of all transcripts, and meet the requirements for that status.

Is this like a Professional Science Master's Degree (PMS) ?

No, not exactly. A professional science master's degree or PMS degree is a graduate degree that typically requires two full years to complete including an internship. The Master's of Professional Science degree offered at Unity College can be completed in just one year if a full course load is taken. The job outcomes, however are similar.