Online Concentration in Environmental GISIncrease your marketable skills
Get started on your online degree!
Next Start Dates:
February 17, 2020
March 30, 2020
May 4, 2020
May 25, 2020
July 6, 2020
Request more information
Distance Education Concierge:
100% Online: Concentration in Environmental GIS
A concentration in Environmental GIS is available to all programs.
- Increase your job readiness by learning additional skills necessary in today’s workplace, while working towards your undergraduate degree in Environmental Emergency Management and Law Enforcement, Wildlife Conservation, Environmental Studies, and Sustainable Business Management.
- Concentrations appear on your transcript and diploma so future employers know what skills you’ve acquired.
- One-on-one academic and professional advising Our world-class faculty and trained staff strive to make your professional and academic goals a reality.
- Unity College is an accredited institution by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
- Learn practical GIS skills.
- Study when and where you want and finish your degree while still working full-time.
- Make professional connections with leaders in your field.
- Get job placement assistance through our career development department.
- Eight start dates per year
To obtain this concentration, complete the following courses:
GISC 101 Introduction to GIS for Environmental Solutions
GISC 201 Maps and Graphics for a Changing World
And one of the following:
GISC 301 Advanced Spatial Analysis and GIS Application
This course is intended to build upon introductory GIS knowledge. Students apply more advanced methodologies using GIS and remote sensing technologies. Types of data used will include vector and raster spatial data, imagery, maps, and topographic data to examine environmental problems. Data assessed will include spatial information regarding human and natural hazards and disasters, land use and land cover, surface temperature, climate change, wetland delineation, wildlife corridor mapping, coastal erosion, human impacts on the environment, and more.